We have the following built in spaces to make use of:
A four shelf, approx 12" deep and 20" wide, open shelving in the entrance to the master closet.
Under my side of the sink.
Under DH's side of the sink.
This is what I tried to organize into those areas.
- Makeup (We should just skip this one. I would be happy with a vanity with many drawers JUST for makeup..)
- Nail Polish (No, you can't take my "black with envy" OR my "black lingerie"! They are not the same blacks at all! :P)
- Hair Dye (I have a lot, from sales.. pared down about half but still have too much)
- Hair Removal (wax, strips, warmer, etc)
- DH's hair removal (razors, blades, creams, etc)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair treatment and styling products (I did purge about half of these)
- Lots and lots and lots of Axe wash, deoderant, and spray. And lots and lots of Victoria's Secret "Love Spell" wash (For what I paid, they are "worth" the storage costs)
- Skincare (oy.. purged all my Regenerist for Philosophy and STILL have no idea how to store it for ease of use)
- Meds and First Aid
- Dental Care
- Hair styling tools (including the huge box of Curlformers..)
- About 30 Lush bath bombs, melts, soaps, and body butter/buffers.
We have a really (craptastic) double vanity. I wish I could just leave out my train case and skin care (in something pretty) out on the "between" space, but it just looks cluttered and drives me crazy to do so. Yet, having them in the closet doesn't help at all because these are things I use daily! I have no idea where to put them where they won't drive me nuts.
I think I may go to one of the hanging towel racks with the towels rolled up on the wall to take care of that, but I really had hoped to hide the TP under DH's sink, and that's not happening.
Fine, bathroom, you win for now.. but I'll be back with reinforcements!